Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 5.16-rc1

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Fri Nov 19 2021 - 04:14:02 EST

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 00:26:28 +0100,
Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 05:57:35PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > And it'd be helpful if you can gather the log (from tracing) with the
> > patch below (from the start of speaker-test until the stall).
>
> The trace is attached.

Thanks! From the previous log, I noticed that you're using dmix
plugin, and that was the problem. The dmix plugin changes the PCM
sw_params parameters at a late stage, and this confused the driver as
if it were OK with the low-latency mode. And, while reviewing the
code, I also found another bug.

Below are two fix patches. Please give it a try.

Takashi