Re: [RFC] net: add TCP fraglist GRO support

From: Felix Fietkau
Date: Wed Apr 24 2024 - 12:27:05 EST

On 24.04.24 16:30, Willem de Bruijn wrote:
> If keeping, this refinement can probably a separate follow-on patch in
> the series too:
> > - refactor existing udp code
> - add segmentation support to handle such packets on tx
> - add coalescing support that starts building such packets on rx
> - refine coalescing choice
I don't really understand what you're suggesting. With my patch, the GRO code handles coalescing of packets. Segmentation on output is also supported. The next version of my patch will fix the cases that were too similar to the UDP code, so I guess refactoring to share code doesn't really make sense there.
Am I missing something?

I mean if breaking up into a series. First have the refactoring patch
which should be easy to review to be a noop. Then add the segmentation
code, which needs to exist before packets may arrive that depend on
it. Then add the code that produces such packets. To break up into
manageable chunks.

Right, that makes sense.

Thanks,

- Felix