Re: 6.9.0-rc2+ kernel hangs on boot (bisected, maybe LED related)

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Wed Apr 24 2024 - 13:31:42 EST

Hi Ben,

On Wed, 2024-04-24 at 10:26 -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

> This patch makes the problem go away in my testbed with 24 Intel
> iwlwifi radios. My guess is that it is just papering over the problem,

Agree, there seems to be some locking issue with LED stuff, but I'm not
sure where, and the driver doesn't even hold any locks here.

> but maybe good enough?

For all I care, yes. We explicitly do this last, from a worker that
holds no locks in the driver ... so it's odd. Looking at the history of
it, it seems that it was originally _nowait(), but then in 3.6 I changed
it because of some backport concerns. Though then I also moved it out of
the locked section.

> Would you like me to submit as official
> patch to linux-wireless?

Sure.