Re: Linux 6.9-rc6

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Tue Apr 30 2024 - 14:42:43 EST

On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 01:58:54PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Things continue to look pretty normal, and nothing here really stands
> out. The biggest single change that stands out in the diffstat is
> literally a documentation update, everything else looks pretty small
> and spread out.
>
> We have the usual driver updates (mainly networking and gpu but some
> updates elsewhere), some filesystem updates (mainly smb, bcachefs,
> nfsd reverts, and some ntfs compat updates), and misc other fixes all
> over - wifi fixes, arm dts fixlets, yadda yadda.
>
> Nothing looks particularly big or bad. Shortlog appended for details,
> please do keep testing,

Build results:
total: 158 pass: 157 fail: 1
Failed builds:
xtensa:allmodconfig
Qemu test results:
total: 537 pass: 537 fail: 0
Unit test results:
pass: 213087 fail: 63
Failed unit tests:
sh:rts7751r2dplus_defconfig:checksum
sheb:rts7751r2dplus_defconfig:checksum
i386:pc:test_next_pointer
i386:pc:slub_test
x86_64:q35:test_next_pointer
x86_64:q35:slub_test

Fixes to address the problems seen in my tests are:

da7bf52309b2 usb: ohci: Prevent missed ohci interrupts
6314201f467f mm/slub, kunit: Use inverted data to corrupt kmem cache
db4ade1cccf9 m68k: fix spinlock race in kernel thread creation
9ea544ad0f56 net: dev_addr_lists: move locking out of init/exit in kunit
x c2ea0ff8714f ext4: implement filesystem specific alloc_inode in unit test
7692d5469f1f Revert "sh: Handle calling csum_partial with misaligned data"
x 2a1de3ca9cb6 xtensa: remove redundant flush_dcache_page and ARCH_IMPLEMENTS_FLUSH_DCACHE_PAGE macros

The patches are in the 'fixes' branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/groeck/linux-staging.git
in case anyone is interested in details. Note that the SHAs may change
since the branch is rebased on a regular basis.

Only patches marked with 'x' are regressions introduced in this release
cycle. The other patches fix long-standing issues. Some of the unit tests
fixed with the above patches are not included in the test results; for
example, running ext4 unit tests without the fix results in memory
corruptions. The m68k and usb patches fix spurious problems.

Thanks,
Guenter