Re: Freeze ups with Cyclades cards

Cristian Gafton (gafton@cccis.sfos.ro)
Sun, 25 Jun 1995 13:52:11 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 24 Jun 1995, Eric Schenk wrote:

> What I have been observing is apparently random cases of ports
> on the board shutting down the receiver, but not the transmitter.
> On the terminals in question this appears as though the terminal
> stops accepting keyboard input, but it can still display output
> sent to that terminal line. Although I have not observed it,
> the nature of the bug should also make it possible that both
> the transmitter and the receiver may be disabled on a port.

Yeah, something familiar. Using a Cyclades 8Yb+ card with getty
on all 8 ports, from time to time the last two ports fail to initialize.
I'll try the solution you posted and see if this help. I have a really
busy card here, and when those last two ports hang I get realy mad ... :-(

C ya,
Cristian Gafton

Cristian Gafton, SysAdm gafton@cccis.sfos.ro
Computers & Communications Center str. Moara de Foc nr. 35
Phone: 40-32-252936, 252938 PO-BOX 2-549
Fax: 40-32-252933 IASI 6600, ROMANIA