Re: X-Windows dies with kernel 1.3.16

Andrew Walker (andy@keo.kvaerner.no)
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 19:50:04 +0200 (MET DST)

\rjan Derel|v wrote:

> X-Windows dies after a few seconds when using the latest kernel, all earlier
> kernels I have tested works. I'm using XFree86 3.1.1.
>
> /F

Probably due to a small but lethal bug in the new AF_UNIX domain socket
code that was included with 1.3.16. The X server uses an AF_UNIX socket
for communications on the local machine.

Get 1.3.17. It's out already and I noticed that the problem with AF_UNIX
sockets is fixed (haven't tried it yet, but I read through the patch).
Another sympton of this bug was that syslogd died as soon as it actually
tried to write a message.

-Andy

--
Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Engineering a.s.
Andrew.Walker@keo.kvaerner.no            P.O. Box 222, N-1324 Lysaker, Norway

......if the answer isn't violence, neither is it silence......