Re: Problems with scsi proc entries in 1.3.20

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de)
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 23:21:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Stefan Kuehnel wrote:
> I just realized that after I do a "cd .." command in /proc/scsi the /proc
> subdir contains only the entries for the processes. Everything else is
> gone. As far as I understand from a quick check of the code, the list of
> directory entries pointed to by the next element of the /proc directory
> entry is probably empty and so only the process entries get filled in. I
> currently don't have the time to fix it today, but if I don't receive a
> mail that someone else is working on it, I try to do it over the weekend.

I can't reproduce this effect on my machine, but I'm going to update the
/proc/scsi code anyway, perhaps then the effect on your machine
disapears.

Mike

"Maybe you should telephone the Internet and talk to their tech
support people."
(Reply from an AOL tech-support rep speaking to a customer complaining
about e-mail that failed to go through.)
(SOURCE: Internet World, February 1995, p. 18)