plip: support more hw (patch inside)

NIIBE Yutaka (gniibe@mri.co.jp)
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 14:03:09 +0900

Alessandro Rubini writes:
> Hello Linuxers,
> The enclosed patch modifies plip.c and upgrades the forgotten
> README1.PLIP and README2.PLIP files.

Thank you for your implementation. I've tried your patch for my
machines (4-bit supported).

If there is enough reason to support 2-bit protocol, we'll include the
feature. However, your current implementation makes PLIP pretty
unstable. :-( It causes many timeouts and errors on my machines. I
guess that it occurs because you ignore the state machine of PLIP.

I think it is better to offer more stable implementation. Why don't
you try more experiment?

Thanks for your work again, and hope keep you hacking, :-)

--
NIIBE Yutaka
Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.