Re: IDE ATAPI cd-rom doesn't work after 1.3.19

scott snyder (SNYDER@D0SB10.FNAL.GOV)
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 3:46:22 -0500 (CDT)

<arumble@mpx.com.au> wrote:
>Ever since kernel 1.3.19 my ATAPI cd-rom doesn't work..
>
>heres when it tried to reset the CD-ROM
>
>Sep 1 18:00:13 exocet kernel: hdb: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)

Sounds kind of like the drq_interrupt flag isn't getting set when it needs
to be (normally determined by looking at the drive configuration flags).
Could you check the status of this flag in the routines
cdrom_start_packet_command and ide_cdrom_setup (in ide-cd.c), and maybe
compare with what was in 1.3.18? You could also try forcing the
flag to 1 and seeing if that helps things any.

thanks,
sss