Re: AHA152x driver broken in 1.3.x

Steve Thompson (stevet@crimethink.ultratech.net)
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 14:34:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Sep 1995, Eric Schenk wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Sep 1995 18:14:59 -0400
> From: Eric Schenk <schenk@cs.toronto.edu>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: AHA152x driver broken in 1.3.x
>
> I've just compiled 1.3.23 to see how the 1.3 series is coming along
> and found that the AHA152x driver no longer sees my Archive Viper
> tape drive. The following appears in my kernel log for each of the
> possible targets (the tape is on target 4):
>
> -- eric

I noticed this in the 1.3.3 kernel. Not being a guru by any stretch of
the imagination, I didn't mention it when I subscribed to this list.

The problem seems to be that the IRQ that is autoprobed is incorrect. I
have my 1522s on IRQ12, and I found it necessary to specify the
parameters "aha152x=0x340,12" on the command line. It now is in my lilo
config, and when I compiled 1.3.20, I just copied it over to that lilo
entry rather than have to boot an extra time.

I seem to recall that I had to do this for lp1, and possibly for my
Mitsumi CD.

At least the 2940W gets probed properly....

> Eric Schenk schenk@cs.toronto.edu

Regards,

Steve Thompson GIT(AT) d-@ s++: a26(a@) c+++>++++++ UL++++$ P+>++++ L+++
BOFH, System Admin, E- W+ N+++ K w--- O? M- V? PS+++ PE-- Y++(@) PGP+(++) t-