re:linux-kernel-digest V1 #173

mark (mlord@bnr.ca)
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 21:41:00 -0400

>Subject: IDE problems
>
>I get the following errors from 1.3.28 from my Conner 240 mb IDE drive
>
>hda: unexpected_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest
>hda: unexpected_intr: error=0x60 { Uncorrectable Error }, CHS=0/0/0

Cool.. amazing what those naughty conner drives are capable of!

Seriously, though, turn off any performance enhancements that you might
have enabled in the BIOS or with hdparm. Does the proble only occur for
1.3.28? At what point does it occur? Does the kernel recover?Etc..

>Along the same lines, when booting a Slackware 2.2.0 kernel for
>install on a Maxtor 1.2gb Model 71260A (mode 3) the screen
>starts scrolling with this line
>
>hda: unexpected_intr: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest

What kernel is this? (not everyone in the universe has Slackware 2.2.0).

>which doesn't stop. I have onboard PCI enhanced IDE.

What is the output of cat /proc/pci
?