Re: v1.3.30

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:35:44 +0100

On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 linuxsys@ssg.com wrote:

> David Eagles writes:
> > I've just installed v1.3.30, and have been getting an error message on =
> > the screen every few minutes. The message is:
> >
> > Cache mismatch on TCP
> >

> FWIW, I get this with a.out and gcc 2.6.3.

I have running 1.3.30 round the clock on several machines with quit a lot
of net traffic, but I *never* got this message.
As I'm a sort of old fashioned, I'm yet compiling the kernel with GCC 2.5.8,
however, with asm-i386/segment.h patched using the 1.2.x get/put_user
inlines (to avoid bad_user_access_length).

So, perhaps this may be an optimization effect or an error of GCC 2.6.3 or
newer.

Hans
<lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de>