Re: vc scrollback

Tor Arntsen (tor@spacetec.no)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 18:00:19 +0100

>On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Axel Boldt wrote:
>> I believe the whole vc system is fundamentally flawed. It is not the
>> kernel's business to do console scrolling or console switching. That's
>> to be done by a user process, namely by screen, available from all GNU
>> sites. It multiplexes a character terminal, giving you all the

Others have mentioned other things, I have only one question:
- Does 'screen' give me a login: prompt? (I've never tried 'screen' myself)
I use the VCs for the purpose of different people sharing a single PC.

Cheers,

--
Tor Arntsen (tor@spacetec.no)                    Standard disclaimers apply.
WWW kills the Internet.                          MIME is a braindead evil hack.