Re: Linux-1.3.33

Kai Schulte (sp0005@aixrs1.hrz.uni-essen.de)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 23:03:57 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Oops. I didn't even compile the sound driver. That probably fails to
> even compile. Hannu?

Yes... it looks like this update was only partial.
There were a couple of declaration mismatches so I tried fixing the
prototypes but this was only partly successful. The functions in
soundcard.c and audio.c seem to disagree about whether "soundcard_init()"
needs a mem_start or not.

Apart from this, 1.3.33 seems to be stable here. Forking new processes
is dramatically slower than before (about 4 or 5 times), whereas tcp/ip
throughput seems to have increased slightly :)

Kai