Re: Linux-1.3.34

Temptation (temp@temptation.interlog.com)
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 20:17:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I just made Linux-1.3.34 (aka "Not quite the buggiest kernel ever")
> available on the normal ftp-sites.
>
> The new kernel should fix most of the problems introduced in 1.3.33 due
> to the driver initialization changes, and also makes Linux/alpha work
> again (ie the kernel_thread() function added to the alpha tree). It's a
> more "normal" kernel (unlike 1.3.33 which really was an interim kernel
> just to get the changes out to developers).
>
> If some driver still doesn't work, please do get in touch with me..

Scsi/sound etc... all works fine now for me. I had some problems with my
SMC/pci cards. the Driver the ships with 1.3.x kernels is version 0.5,
which doesn't with combo cards. I have tulip.c:v0.08 6/06/95 which much
newer, and works with both none and combo cards. I editted two or three
lines in the code so it now works 1.3.34+. The Driver was written by
Donald Becker. I'm wondering if Mr. Becker can add .08 to 1.3.x kernels
or new if he has one, or if I can sent this I've changed to so some to be
added.

Chris