special key combinations

Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 11:59:18 +0100

: From: root@sasami.anime.net (root)
: Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 01:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
: Subject: Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #180
:
: : Wait till the box dies - read any panic messages of screen (they may not
: : get logged to disk if for example it was a disk panic). If nothing is
: : going on hit right-alt scroll lock, right-shift scroll lock and
: : right-ctrl scroll lock.
:
: If this information were easily available, I wouldn't have asked. I knew
: the key combo existed but it isn't documented anywhere I could find. And I
: dug. And dug. And web surfed. For hours. And never found anything.
:
: It's amazing how many people don't know you can scroll VC's, and even fewer
: know the debugging key combos. Developers could save themselves lots of
: trouble by .. gasp .. DOCUMENTING this stuff. 8)

You can find it in the keyboard FAQ (in kbd-0.90).
I agree that it is a pity that this FAQ is not part of the
standard HOWTO distribution.