Re: Linux-1.3.60

Tom Mayo N1RMU (tcmayo@mntr02.psf.ge.com)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:03:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Ville Steudle wrote:

> Hi Linux developers,
>
> I noticed the following problem with newer kernels, at least with 1.3.45
> and .57:
>
> Every now and then (maybe 1 out of 10) when I'd like to shutdown my
> system via ctrl-alt-del or /sbin/shutdown, I just get the first "sending
> all processes the TERM signal", then _no_ output from the daemons being
> shut down and - bingo! The system hangs.
>
> I first thought it is a DEC Alpha specific problem as I saw it first on my
> Jensen, but when I recently tried the 1.3.57 kernel on an Intel box the
> same thing happened.
>
> Any hints?
>
> As this causes an e2fsck at the next reboot, it is a bit annoying.
>
> Regards, Ville

If you figure this out, please PLEASE let me know what the problem is!
I have had this problem for a long time (1.3.45?). I have an Intel
486 DX, not an Alpha. I now run 1.3.61. I updated and compiled init,
but this didn't help. Thanks for any help.

Tom.

--
Tom Mayo  E-MAIL: WORK: tcmayo@mntr02.psf.ge.com  HOME: tcmayo@fang.berk.net
N1RMU     AX.25: N1RMU@KA1XN.#WMA.MA.US.NA [AMPRnet: n1rmu@n1rmu-1.ampr.org]