Re: .62 networking no so good?

David C. Niemi (niemidc@clark.net)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:20:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Russ Berry wrote:
> I seem to have the same, only my box is p75, ide drive, using EtherExpress
> to connect to local net of Suns. Sometimes after lockup and crash, there
> will be messages about cable problems, input buffers, and various other
> references to eth0. Haven't quite figured it out yet, but this shouldn't be
> locking the machine like it is. Anybody?

Find another Ethernet card. Donald Becker implies that EtherExpresses are
inherently broken or at least a bad design, and at any rate the driver for
them in Linux is about the worst one out there (the 3c507 uses the same
chipset and is just as bad). Spend the $20 and get an NE2000 clone,
you'll be much better off.

David.Niemi@mail.li.org---niemidc@clark.net---703-904-3596---Reston, VA USA
Much of human misery derives from two overgeneralizations: if something is
good, more is always better; and what is good for me is good for everyone.