Re: 1.3.62 and fat/msdos/vfat observations

Arthur D. Jerijian (jerijian@seas.ucla.edu)
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:22:12 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Eric Plante wrote:

> On 13 Feb 1996, Joao Carlos Ventura wrote:
>=20
> > Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de) wrote:

[ deleted ]

> > You would still need to use the umsdos fs for those properties. W=
e would
> > only start using the vfat filenames, that way a more transparent li=
nux fs
> > could exist.
>=20
> I believe a case sensitivity issue would arise, so you'd still need=20
> mangling (whenever someone is weird enough to have two files of the s=
ame=20
> name with different case in the same directory.. Ok maybe a .c and a =
.C=20
> file, I can't see what else..)

I've heard from someone (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that=20
the POSIX specifications require both "makefile" and "Makefile"=20
to be able to coexist in the same directory.

> +--Eric Plante------------------------------------------------------+
> | =ABDes femmes nues se jetaient dans ses bras avec une joie d=E9ment=
e=BB |
> | - Boris Vian |
> +-http://www.jsp.umontreal.ca/~planteer/ ---------------------------+

..........----------=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D**********=3D=3D=3D=3D=
Arthur Dikran Jerijian
UCLA Undergraduate, Computer Science and Engineering
E-mail until June 1997: jerijian@seas.ucla.edu
World Wide Web: http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~jerijian