Re: Bug in SMBFS

Yuri Per (yuri@pts.mipt.ru)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:08:50 +0300 (GMT+0300)

Nicholas J. Leon (nicholas@binary9.net) wrote:
> 1. Sometimes my linux box just doesn't like to be browsed.
> 2. This can be fixed by either rebooting the linux box OR the
> two win95 boxes that are attached.

With samba 1.9.15p6 and newer I hadn't any browsing problems

> 3. smbumount always fails, but I can use the standard umount to
> disconnect.

In my case umount -a prints 'smbreceive error -5', but smbumount works Ok.

> 4. I can't get samba to recognize true, full case sensative
> filenames. If I have two files named "Mail" and "mail", they appear
> independantly in explorer, but regardless of which I click, I always
> get the "mail". I understand that samba does managling, but I've tried
> all combos and nothing seems to work.

I consider it can be explaned by that samba uses NT Lanmanager protocol.
It does not support case sensative file names.

Yuri Per (yuri@pts.mipt.ru)