Re: process reaper

Niall Murphy (niallm@orca.ucd.ie)
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 19:54:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, Jonathan A. Davis wrote:

> there are many installations that are larger than ours and should be
> seeing this problem. If not, what (with our Slackware-based ELF & a.out
> installations) have we done wrong? If a problem does actually exist,
> isn't it worth addressing before calling a kernel release 2.0?

Jonathan,

We are a medium size Linux server, handling a total of 500 shell accounts
and processing well over 30 megabytes of mail alone a day. We too see
this problem - it seems to hit "pine" and "pico" most often although
nothing is immune. We would be interested in forming some kind of
working group to have a look at the problem. Please contact me at the
address below if you (or others) are interested.

Niall Richard Murphy
Auditor, UCD Internet Society
System Manager, Club Internet
--email work: niallm@clubi.ie phone: 6763600