From: "Clayton O'Neill" <coneill@premier.net>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 1996 3:27 AM
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Beginners using 1.3

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Robert of the smileys wrote:
> > Would be nice if at boot time 1.3 printed a message warning about
> > its experimental status.
>
> Good idea, just about everyone reads those messages as they scroll past
> to make sure everything is as it should be.

This may be a bit draconian, but it should be trivial to make the kernel
wait for an affirmative input indicating the the person has read the
message that basically says "This is beta code and might (probably) won't
work the way you want. You've been warned". I'd make it possible to
override this behavior with a kernel parameter for those of us willing to
use beta kernels in production.

Clayton O'Neill Business--> Premier One Inc
whatever@oneill.net clayton@premier.net
http://www.oneill.net <--Personal http://www.premier.net