Re: torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi == /dev/null ???

Eric Youngdale (eric@aib.com)
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:47:33 -0500

On Feb 19, 10:01am, Alan Cox wrote:
> Subject: Re: torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi == /dev/null ???
> > Oftentimes an approach that works is to send the patch to one of these
> > people (i.e. someone who has worked on that general part of the kernel
> > before), and have them look it over and send it to Linus.
>
> Bearing in mind that quite often a patch sent to Linus for a given kernel
> area gets given on to the maintainer of that part of the code anyway it
> actually helps all around to go direct when you know where to aim patches
> at. If you do - be aware one or two developers have moved on, or no longer
> have time to work on Linux due to other commitments, most however do.
>
> Linus: Do we need a /usr/src/linux/MAINTAINERS list ?

This sounds like a good idea to me.

If I could count on the fact that patches I need to see will appear
in my inbox, I would unsubsribe from linux-kernel. To damn much noise.
There were over 300 messages this morning...

-Eric

--
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."