Re: Format of /proc/net/ip_acct

Bernd Eckenfels (ukd1@rzstud1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
19 Feb 1996 22:07:56 GMT

Julia Anne Case (julie@magenet.com) wrote:
> Would it be easier to store the string part of the scanf that
> ipfwadm uses to parse the accounting info as a #define in one of the
> ip*.h files. This way (if it was kept current with the changes to the
> accounting info) all one would need to do is recompile and everything
> would be fine again.

It's not that easy. Generally you dont need to recompile at all, cause there
are only new fields appended to the end of the lines which wont break
anything. The Problem ist, that you have to support those new Fields...
Reoerdering or insertion wont work with #defined scanf arguments, eighter.

But I agree, that we need some sort of #define Mechanism for all the
changing Kernel structures (or the _v2 style).

Greetings
Bernd

--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wittumstrasse13.76646Bruchsal.de --