Re: TOP/PS -gaux problems (and a fix)

Mark E. Levitt (melevitt@mailbox.syr.edu)
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:18:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Synthesizer Punk wrote:
> It should compile cleanly, it has for everyone I've spoken to so far.
> But one of the wonders about Linux is no two boxes are the same. 8^)

Hmm, hasn't worked for me. I've got a ELF Slackware 3 setup that
hasn't been changed much from out of the box. Only thing I did was
upgrade the new kernel.

procps fails to compile with a message about __strokl. (Sorry I can't
be more specific, but I'm not at home right now...)
GCC is 2.7.0 ELF. Don't know the libc version, etc.. but they are
whatever comes with Slackware 3.

Binaries in the distribution work fine so I haven't put much time into
figureing out the problem...

Mark E. Levitt
Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University
E-mail: melevitt@syr.edu
Home Page: http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint = B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html