Re: SoundBlaster16 and "Pops"

Eric F. Kahler ((ekahler@mars.superlink.net)")
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 13:21:30 -0500

> On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Eric F. Kahler (ekahler@mars.superlink.net) wrote:
>

> > Is anyone else experiencing a "pop" before and/or after they play a sound
> > under the Temporarily Anonymous Sound Driver v3.5 (included in all kernels
> > above 1.3.5?) with a SoundBlaster 16? If you are, please email me at

It takes a while (about 2 days) for vger to circulate my posts to this list.

By the time my original post appeared on this list the tasd-3.5-beta6 was
released which works beautifully for me. Not one "pop" heard since I've
compiled 1.3.68 with the tasd-3.5-beta6, and the tones are very rich.

Thank you to all those who replied to my original post.

Eric.

From:  Eric Kahler.
ekahler@mars.superlink.net
http://mars.superlink.net/ekahler/index.html