Re: /proc problems: 1.3.6[46]

John Hansen (jhansen@nando.net)
Sun, 25 Feb 96 19:40:32 GMT

In article <4gq6e4$92g@castle.nando.net>, jhansen@nando.net (John Hansen) wrote:
>In article <199602210018.TAA01078@udgaard.isgtec.com>, Peter
> <peter@udgaard.isgtec.com> wrote:
>>I don't know about Pentium PCI bridge chipsets, but the ps-problem is an easy
>>one. Just make sure you have procps-0.99 installed on your system when running
>>newer kernels. This has actually been discussed for a lengthy time on this
> list
>>and that was very helpful when I eventually got the problem (when upgrading to
>>Slackware 3.0).
>>
>>Hope it helps :-)
>>
>>Peter
>
>While this may have worked for some I am afraid it does not work for me, and
>many others. I have 1.3.66 a.out/elf combination and top with 0.99 or 0.99
>will not work. I am using gcc 2.6.3 a.out and cannot even get the procps-0.9x
>series to compile. My understanding is that the 0.99 stuff is elf so when i
>compile 1.3.66 as a.out/elf i would assume the elf top should work but it does
>not.

I found a good source for procps-0.99. Someone was kind enough to post a
location for a modified version that at least compiles top correctly for me
under 1.3.66.

ftp://ftp.zoom.com/pub/personal/hjl/linux/

look at the procps-0.99-hjl.tar.gz file.

good luck,
john

John Hansen jhansen@nando.net
NesNah Enterprises