Re: Problems.

pj22298@appstate.edu
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:12:15 +0000 ( )

Thanks to all of you who offered help, and even to those who corected my
spelling (I will not forget how to spell 'kernel' :), and I did find my
problem. (even though this message would have been EXTREAMILY usefull
about 3 month ago... ) But I have found [one of] my problem[s]:

Be VERY carefull when getting an install from 2 sites at once.

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Paul Matthews wrote:

> pj22298@xx.acs.appstate.edu writes:
> > This maybe directed to the wronge place, but here it goes.
[SNIP]

> All,
>
> The following message has a number of good hints. I did not follow it,
> but I did use it as a checklist after I had independently tried to do
> the same thing ... with mixed results.
>
> I have used somewhat different versions of the software and repeated
> the process several times. It's down to a practiced routine now. You
> may find it interesting.
>
> Obviously, you need to rebuild your compiler and the associated
> libraries and utilities. This message is a very good pointer as to how
> to do that.
>
> Regards,
> Paul Matthews
> McLean, VA
> e-mail: paul@matthews.com
>
> From: Bob Allison <ballison@scitexdpi.com>
> Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 14:16:34 -0500
> To: D.Traenapp@nwofs2.nwowhv.de, daniel.barlow@sjc.ox.ac.uk,
> labash@lcjones.aclib.siue.edu, mfburgo@lrkimball.com, mrodin@imsa.edu,
> paul@matthews.com, rossg@vale.co.uk
> Subject: a.out to ELF Steps

[SNIP]
> Congratulations! You've been ELFed! (Since elves are much shorter than
> humans, you may need a phone book to sit on so you can still reach
> your keyboard... ;-)
>
> Instructions compiled 16-Febul

A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.

pj22298@xx.acs.appstate.edu http://xx.acs.appstate.edu/~pj22298