Re: 1.3.67: IRC not working, ypbind 2.99beta problems

Colten Edwards (edwards@panasync.canuck.ca)
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 01:18:39 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Joshua M. Thompson wrote:

> >IRC clients do not work on 1.3.66 and 67. And ypbind 2.99beta is
> >constantly >getting RPC errors when trying to contact the NIS master
> >server.
>
> I'm using an IRC client on my personal machine right now with kernel
> 1.3.67. What kind of problem are you having when you try to use IRC?

The problem isn't in being unable to run a client.. if you run a server
on your system you cannot connect to that local server with a client,
unless you use a unix domain socket. So in your ircd.conf you have a line
that says
/tmp/.ircd/6667

and you can connect to that.. but you cannot use a normal socket. The irc
client will connect but nothing is sent over that link. and you ping out
eventually

Colten Edwards