Re: 1.3.64-1.3.70 loopback bugs

Tue, 5 Mar 1996 01:40:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> : > Alan
> : >
> : Well maybe you can summerise the outcome of the last 'descussion' so we
> : don't have to 'descuss' it all over again, please. And the rest of you,
> : just read it, and shutup.
> There is clearly demonstrated problem with a flood ping and its
> "not a bug". I am afraid we are developing the same attitude as
> Gates & Co.

Well I assume he's F***** off with the subject (still). Anyway, I can
see that having the loopback device not allow you to flood it with
packets could be a good thing, as long as more reasonable spaced packets
arn't effected in any way, but I suspect that it just can't handle the
load, and drops packets.

> How do I get my IRCD running again? Going back to 1.2.13 for good?

Ok, you don't want to go back to 1.2.13, but don't someone say to use
pipes (or was that unix domain sockets) ?
Bryn
PS Gates, bar humbug

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.