Re: init und Linux 1.3.69

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:06:51 +0100

On 4 Mar 96 at 16:57, Martin Junius wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, System Administrator wrote:
>
> > I didn't see any response to this mail of yours on the list so
> > I thought I'd let you know that I had this problem the other
> > day as well...
>
> I didn't get any response til now, either. Looks like people don't use
> Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot their Linux systems very much. Or it is some
> problem with the SysV-init of RedHat 2.1, because it doesn't happen on
> another system running something which was originally Slackware 2.3 (now
> with a lot of updated programs).

Running Slackware 2.4 with only the kernel upgraded to 1.3.68 I have
no problems. My machine is rather fast (Pentium-100, sync. cache).
But I know that on some even slower machines the same kernel/init
might cause trouble.

Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
Just imagine my mail address were <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni.r.de>...