Re: NFS still flakely in 1.3.71

Joshua M. Thompson (invid@optera.com)
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 12:56:38 -0500

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Hmm, interesting. I am not able to repeat it, but there may be server
> differences. We have a linux NFS server here (with a rather recent and
> patched NFS deamon: the "standard" linux NFS deamon has some problems).
> What kind of setup is your server?

It's a SCO OpenServer v5 system running as the NFS server. I'd love to blame
SCO (it's a favorite pasttime of mine :) ), except that this problem never
occured before until the new NFS caching went into the kernel around 1.3.68
or so.

--
email: invid@optera.com                           Senior Systems Engineer
 web: http://www.optera.com/~invid        mich.com, Inc.  Farmington, MI