scrollback corruption

shaggenbunsenburner (shagboy@thecia.net)
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 20:41:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Aaron Ucko wrote:

> I can still obtain reproduceable VT corruption by switching rapidly back
> and forth between a console in graphics mode and another console, so
> it appears that patch-1.3.75 didn't quite do it after all.

This may be more appropriate for linux-svga or something, but from what
I've noticed the corruption happens more often with a bigger screen. I
run at 132x60 with an S3 card, and I notice it every now and then with a
lot of windows open. It generally only occurs with more than 9 or 10
sessions open (yes, I actually use more than that :)

I haven't given it a lot of testing with anything later than 1.3.64 or
so, but I'll see what I can make it do. In my case, it never seemed to
be related to switching back and forth a lot, just having a lot of
windows open.

shag

Judd Bourgeois shagboy@mossad.thecia.net
Finger for PGP public key
The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.