Re: Nape Pipes Feedback (WAS: Re: Linux-1.3.81)

Ingo Molnar (mingo@pc5829.hil.siemens.co.at)
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 19:51:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Bill Bogstad wrote:

> I don't think based on the reasons you state above this would help.
> Some developers will expect it one way, others another. A per-kernel option
> means a user can only use one application at a time. If you are going to
> make it an option, you need to have an EASY way that an end-user can specify
> it on a per-program basis and a way a program can request it to be a certain
> way.

nay, thats kernel bloat. Sorry but you are broken anyways if you depend on
SunOS "features" ... fix your software ...

Btw, there weren't too much "PUT IT BACK NOW" mails, so i guess the new/old
behaviour stays :))

-- mingo