Re: 3c59x promiscuous mode still broken (fix attached)

Chris Chiappa (griffon+@cmu.edu)
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 05:22:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Donald Becker wrote:
> There will be new vortex driver release on April 6 to address the problem
> with promiscuous mode, and the transmit timeout problem that occurs only
> with the new 8K-buffer boards. See the vortex web page,
> http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/drivers/vortex.html
> for details.
FYI, I have one of the 32K boards, and I seem to get the transmit timeout
problem as well. At least, with kernels later than 1.3.72 I get hanging
TCP sessions. I assume this is the problem :)
Anyways, thanks a ton for providing the driver in the first place!

--

_ _ _ |s| Email: griffon+@cmu.edu |n| Linux * X-Files * Team OS/2 |u| |r| Finger => PGP etc |g| Carnegie Mellon University |l| |_| http://www.snurgle.org/ |e| rynrynrynrynrynrynrynryn |_|