forwarded message from Paul Matthews

Paul Matthews (paul@matthews.com)
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 22:03:47 -0500

All,

FWIW,

I downloaded and compiled linux-1.3.82 this evening and compiled it
with no errors. Apparently, the error in 1.3.82 is fixed.

Regards,

Paul Matthews

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Paul Matthews <paul@matthews.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Cc: paul@matthews.com (Paul Matthews)
Subject: Kernel Compile Error Solved
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 19:02:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi, All,

I reported a compile error on Linux-1.3.82 earlier today. I was able to
replace the file system.h with the one from Linux-1.3.81 and compile
successfully. Maybe the fact that I am trying to use firewalling and
masquerading made me subject to this bug.

Following is a printout of the diffs between system.h in the previous
version and .82:

195c195
< #define __xg(x) ((volatile struct __xchg_dummy *)(x))
- ---
> #define __xg(x) ((struct __xchg_dummy *)(x))
197c197
< static inline unsigned long __xchg(unsigned long x, volatile void * ptr, int size)
- ---
> static inline unsigned long __xchg(unsigned long x, void * ptr, int size)

I hope this is helpful to anyone else who got the problem I did.

Regards,
Paul Matthews