Re: 1.2.13 and patches

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:08:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, David A Willmore wrote:

> Does this compile cleanly with gcc 2.7.2 and new libc's? I gave up on
> compiling 1.2.13 (to have as comparison with 1.3.x) but gave up when the
> compile died on io.h or some such.

It should, but for a few days anyway, I am stopping the outgoing of the
patch. One of the patches, and I don't know which one yet (Arrgh!! I've
been working on this for about 28 hours straight!!) is destroying my PPP
throughput! TCP over ethernet still works, but over PPP it is HORRIBLE!

Right now, I am applying the patches one at a time and recompiling and
testing throughput to find the culprit. When I find it, that patch will
be removed from the list and taken out of the kernel. I'll also make
sure to tell everyone which one it is. You never know, maybe there are
some similarities between the slow PPP with 1.3.xx and the patch that is
causing the problem :)

* Doug Ledford * Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x, *
* dledford@dialnet.net 873-DIAL * WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician *
* Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
* communities. Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other *
* 873-9000 V.34 * services available, call for info. *