Re: Disconnect fighting stupid devices

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@nigel.vnet.net)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:22:21 -0400

"Theodore Ts'o" writes:
> Date: Tue, 09 Apr 1996 17:02:00 -0400
> From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm@nigel.vnet.net>
>
> I think I've figured out exactly what my problem is with talking to
> my scanner causing ext2 panics. My scanner is rather trigger-happy
> causing aborts, which kill commands that are currently on my hard
> drive's queue. This trickles up to ext2, which panics.
>
>Where in the ext2 filesystem are things panicing? While it would be
>good see if we can fix things on the SCSI side of things, making the
>ext2 code more robust would also be a good thing.

I get
EXT2-fs panic: ext2_write_inode: unable to read i-node block
followed by an inode number and a block number, which vary
from time to time.

(Of course, that's copied down by hand as fast as possible as
more junk from the scsi layer about "did this command ever
run?" and so on scrolls by, so I hope I got the capitalization
right.)

michaelkjohnson