Re: lack of messages Re: duplicates

Thomas Pawlikaniec (neutrino@ee.mcgill.ca)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, David S. Miller wrote:

> I fix the problem where duplicate messages go out, so what do people
> do? They complain that traffic to the lists have dissipated too
> much...
>
> I give up... go figure

NO! _please_ don't give up!

I was just thinking about suggesting that anti-duplicate policy to you.
Well, I am not sure it works perfectly, since I still got some messages
in double on linux-net and linux-ppp, but maybe that were old ones just
highly delayed. Most of them were single though :-)))

In any case, that is just a marvelous feature :-)

One detail though: I never saw a post where you said you were applying an
anti-duplicate policy, so some folx might wonder if whether they get all the
posts (as there have been problems before). That's probably the reason
why some people were _surprised_. No one reasonable can be really
_complaining_ about so much saved ressources and time.

So my idea: just post an announce about that new policy to every mailing
list, separately, so they get it 30 times it they are on 30 mailing lists ;-)

Thomas Pawlikaniec
.sig coming Real Soon Now ;-)