Re: Compiling problems 1.3.85

Rajko Albrecht (Rajko.Albrecht@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 17:57:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Harvey Fishman wrote:

> When multiple people get the exact same error in the exact same place each
> on multiple tries (I got it four times before I gave up), it is VERY
> unlikely to be a hardware problem. Hardware problems of this sort are
> random.
That's right.

> I would guess that the answer may lie with dropping back from GCC 2.7.2p
> to 2.7.2. I will be trying that.
Well, I did it, and now I've no problems compiling the kernel. Some other
programs I tried (and gcc said sig 11) compile now without any
errors....

Ok, try it. I think, it would be the best. :)

CU

Rajko
* e-mail: rajko.albrecht@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de *
* pgp-public-key: finger ral@wotan.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de *