Re: Modules. What's the deal?

Russell Berry (rberry@albany.net)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:43:30 -0400

Matics Gyula wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Russell Berry wrote:
>
> > >What's going on here?
> > >Failed to load module! The symbols from kernel 1.3.85 don't match 1.3.85
> >

> > I get the same trying to load the module for dosemu, never happened
> > before. What's up guys?
> >
> > ---russ
> >

> Some functions were renamed in the kernel. (invalidate_* renamed to
> flush_tlb_* )
>
> The solution for dosemu is to hack emumod/vm86.c and tlb.c and replace
> calls to invalidate_all() to flush_tlb_all(). Or, better make an
> #ifdef kernel version >1.3.83 (may be 84) ...
>
> gyula
>
> --
> Gyula Matics
> mgyula@sch.bme.hu Linux!

Although the above response wasn't quite correct, I did derive a fix
from it. Here's what I did. I edited /emumod/vm86.c , where there was
a call to invalidate(), I replaced it with invalid_op(), which I found
in /System.map. I did the same with /emumod/ldt.c. Did a make
clean;make in emumod, and the module now loads and dosemu works.

---russ