Re: Problem with booting 1.3.85

Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net)
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:53:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Mark Constable wrote:

> Patrick.VANDE-WALLE@lux.dg13.cec.be wrote:
>
> > I just compiled 1.3.85 the other night. Compilation
> > went fine. However, mid-way through the booting process,
> > while executing rc.M, I got the a zillion copies of the
> > following message:
> >
> > INIT: error read initrequest
>
> Same here for 1.3.84 when doing a shutdown on two 486 hosts, it
> eventually does shutdown without further assistance though.

I believe this has something to do with the new fifo structure (named
pipes). I've seen this problem in kernels later than .80 and this was
when the new (original) fifo code was first (again) introduced. I have
yet to hear what the *proper* solution is to this problem.

Later,

Dwarf

aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 877-0257
Flexible Software Fax: NONE
Black Creek Critters e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net