Re: Linux Sound ioctls? 1.3.8x

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 13:50:53 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Scott Street wrote:

> I have been trying to get the a simple WAV file player working, I
> downloaded a package from sunsite, but never could get it to work either.
> I'm not sure if it kernel related or sound driver related.
> speed = ioctl( audiodev, SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED, 11500);
You are just using a prgram which has been written for very early version
of the sound driver. In case the probram is "wavplay", you must apply
the patch which is on the same directory in sunsite. See
http://www.4front-tech.com/pguide/audio.html for more info in case you like
to fix the program yourself.

Best regards,

Hannu