Re: SCSI Tape Backup Procedure

Rod Troch (troch@texas.com)
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:07:36 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy,

Yes I agree.. I have been running an Exabyte 8200 for about a year
without any difficulties. It is only recently that I have been having
major troubles. What changed? I upgraded my libc. That was what
changed. I recently blew away my very old Slackware (about 3 years old)
setup and installed RH 3.0.3. Things have gotten better recently but
that is only because both of my Conner 500Mb SCSI HDD failed. So.. I am
limpling along with only one 400Mb IDE drive. The Exabyte is now hung
off of the Adaptec 1542 all by itself. Now it seems to work fine.

Go figure!

Just my troubles.

-Rod

Rod Troch N2ZVV | Don't mess with TEXAS.
troch@texas.com | Lonestar - A Linux box
http://www.texas.com/ | FTP for Pgp key
"Don't ever ask anybody if they are from Texas; if they are, you'll
know it. If they aren't, you'll just make 'em feel bad." -Anonymous