Re: Creeping disapearances.

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:30:36 +0200

On 18 Apr 96 at 14:16, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Over the last several kernels I have noticed some things cropping up at
> boot up. For a while now, I get messages about not being able to start
> /sbin/syslod and /sbin/klogd. Since things have been running well and I
> haven't needed the logs, I have not been concerned (I figured it was a
> configuration problem related to other work) and would figure it out later.
> With the 1.3.91 kernel, there is the additional message:
> no device: cua0
> no device: cua1
> no device: cua2
> no device: cua3
> Now, all the /dev/cuax files were still in place, so I rebooted with a
> 1.3.80 kernel...no problems!
> I have the sysvinit-2.60 and the procps-0.99, so what else do I need?

My friend with three com ports has a similar problem with recent
kernels (1.2.13 was fine). His ports aren't working. They are
detected during boot-up, but when you access them they are either
silent (when moving the attached mouse), or there's a "no such
device" error. I thought about an interrupt conflict, but couldn't
see one (the driver now releases the interrupts when it is idle, it
seems).

For me it works.

Ulrich