Re: dosemu & newer kernels

Moltar Ramone (jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 18:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> As of 1.3.89 (or so) my old, trusty, non-emumodule dosemu-0.60.4 stopped working
> :-(. Strace suggests that this is the culprit:
[ ... ]
> Question is, why does shmat fail? I'm far from an expert on the Linux mm system,
> but perhaps a problem now exists. Again, perhaps dosemu's behavior was taking
> advantage of something that had actually been broken until recently :-)..

As far as I can tell, (a) the problem is older than 1.3.89 (probably
1.3.8x somewhere, but I've not checked), and (b) the problem is only with
EMS memory. (Unfortunately, this means I can't run Masters of Orion,
perhaps the only reason I still use the Dosemu anyway :-/)

Jon Lasser
Jon Lasser (410)494-3072 - Obscenity is a crutch for
jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D) - Fuck the CDA.