Re: Linux-1.3.95 - spelling fixes

Jauder Ho (jauderho@umich.edu)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:26:09 -0400 (EDT)

this is from the man page:

HISTORY
strace was written by Paul Kranenburg, Branko Lankester
and Rick Sladkey. The original strace was written by Paul
Kranenburg for SunOS and was inspired by its trace util
ity. The SunOS version of strace was ported to Linux and
enhanced by Branko Lankester, who also wrote the Linux
kernel support. Even though Paul released strace 2.5 in
1992, Branko's work was based on Paul's strace 1.5 release
from 1991. In 1993, Rick Sladkey merged strace 2.5 for
SunOS and the second release of strace for Linux, added
the best features of truss from SVR4, and produced an
strace that worked on both platforms. In 1994 Rick ported
strace to SVR4 and Solaris and wrote the automatic config
uration support.

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

> > For the alpha people, it has support for "strace", but no strace binary that
> > knows about it yet ;-) Thomas Bogendoerfer has been working on that side, but
> > I'm afraid I changed the kernel code a bit, and we'll have to synchronize
>
> thanks Linus.
>
> I changed strace, so that it works with the new official interface.
> I've tared together my current development tree, and put it on
> ftp.franken.de under /pub/people/tsbogend/strace-alpha-0.00.tar.gz.
> There are still lots of bugs in this version, especially with
> execve (strace dumps core:-( ), because it gets a little bit
> confused with the syscall number. I'm now trying to fix the
> remaining bugs. After this is done, I will start clean up sources
> and talk to the strace maintainer (if there is one; it looks
> like nobody maintains strace, because you even can't compile it
> on Linux/x86) for inclusion of my patches.
>
> Thomas.
>
> --
> That process _deserves_ to die ("My name is Linus Torvalds, prepare to
> die"). [Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel]

.sig under construction