Re: Ramdisk patch...

Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:58:29 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Chad Page wrote:

> This ramdisk patch does three things :
>
> 1. Re-enables the "ramdisk=<size>" parameter (actually it's
> ramdisk_size=<size>, but I put the ramdisk one in for compatibility)

Hmm, if we don't get enough from the first disk, can you make it prompt
for annother ? (ok, I'm thinking of non compressed ramdisks here,
currently the Red Hat distribution has 3 root floppies, it works like
this (with a slightly hacked kernel) boot from 1, load 2, and 3, then
mount 1 directly).

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.