Re: 1.3.96 exit_mm breaks nfs as module

Mike Castle (mcastle@umr.edu)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:23:19 -0500 (CDT)

Amazingly enough Jeff Coy Jr. said:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Mike Castle wrote:
> > That's because the MOD_COUNT is still greater than one (in this
> > case, 4).... you need to kill off the 4 nfsiod's.
>
> but i never used nfs at all. that's just it. all i did was a
> "modprobe nfs" and the sucker was there to stay. MOD_COUNT should
> have been 0. sorry i was not clear on this point.

The nfs initialization code starts 4 nfsiod's. This is before
anything even gets mounted. Therefore, as soon as the nfs
module is loaded, MOD_COUNT is 4. I believe Olaf is working on
changing that (ie, moving the nfsiod calls to where things are
mounted, instead of at intialization, so they're only active when
you actually do have mounts). Until then, though, you have to
kill them manually.

mrc

--
Mike Castle .-=NEXUS=-.  Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  mcastle@cs.umr.edu     and be right all the time, or not work at all