Re: speed_t vs. termcap.h in Linux 1.3.79 and greater

Bjorn Ekwall (bj0rn@blox.se)
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:37:40 +0200 (MET DST)

H.J. Lu wrote:

> I will fix it when I get time. I am now working on
> modules. I want to use bfd instead of calling
> nm since it breaks with binutils 2.6.0.11.

A bfd solution without having to call "ld" would be nice. I have
looked at it a little bit, but input from someone who knows bfd
inside out is really a very good thing!

In the latest snapshots of the next official release, found on my
web-page, I have removed the need to call "nm" explicitly.

The current snapshot is named "modules-1.3.69f" b.t.w.
It _is_ a bit of a hack, I admit, but at least it is a step in
the right direction IMHO...

My long-term plan is to merge modprobe and insmod into _one_ utility,
a move that Jacques and I discussed many moons ago...

Cheers,

Bjorn <bj0rn@blox.se> <http://www.pi.se/blox/>